I just took the latest snapshot and made tar.gz and zip files.
They can be found on:
This is the first pre-release of GNUJSP 1.0.1.
The most notable changes compared to GNUJSP 1.0.0 are:
And a lot of bugs have been solved.
- support for virtual hosts and mappings under Apache + JServ
- support for Apache-style language negotiation based on extension
- new "keepJava" parameter to save generated .java files
- new "usehostname" parameter to run virtual hosts in one scratchdir
- all Throwables are caught and sent to errorPage, not just Exceptions
- better support for Win32 systems
(See for more details the included CHANGES file)
It would be really appreciated if people could download and install them
and run the testsuite/main.jsp. Please mail the results (summary please),
Servlet Engine, JVM, compiler and initArgs you used to
(Note to run the testsuite you have to include the gnujsp10test.jar in
your zone repository classpath and not the normal gnujsp10.jar file.)
I think the following has to be done before the real GNUJSP 1.0.1 release:
- Wait for some success stories installing these pre1 versions :)
- Include the latest servlet libraries from Paul.
(The current version has an old fix for a problem with postParseData(),
- Include some more examples of errors that occur when someone has a
wrong setup. (Most questions on the gnujsp mailinglist are about errors
that are caused by wrong setups or crashing JVMs.)
- Include some more results on the testsuite for different Servlet Engines,
so people know what to expect.
- Fix the CHANGES file (include the correct release date).
If everything works OK in the next few days I will update the web pages
and make the real GNUJSP 1.0.1 release (or another pre-release if something
nasty shows up).
Have fun testing,